First things first, as a housekeeping note: I’ll be trying to include trigger warnings in my reviews from now on. (I read two books at the same time that really knocked me sideways and while I know this is a weirdly self-involved reason to start including trigger warnings, it has given me the incentive to finally take the plunge, something I have thought about doing for a while) If I get anything wrong or forget to include something, please let me know.
Except for this unfortunate being knocked sideways and the resulting abandonment of any book even remotely challenging (and the resulting binge-reading of romance novels which soothed me), I had a pretty damn brilliant reading month. I rated three books five stars! That never happens!
I had so much fun with Wyrd and Wonder – a month-long celebration of the fantastic hosted by imyril @ There’s Always Room for One More, Lisa @ Dear Geek Place and Jorie @ Jorie Loves a Story, even if I didn’t end up posting a whole lot but I am so glad to have participated. Thank you so much for hosting and for the fun and the new people I followed!
Books I read in May:
- My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite: 4 out of 5 stars (review)
- Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity #1) by Nalini Singh: 3 out of 5 stars
- Storm of Locusts (The Sixth World #2) by Rebecca Roanhorse: 5 out of 5 stars (review)
- Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1) by Patricia Briggs: 3 out of 5 stars
- Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson #2) by Patricia Briggs: 3 out of 5 stars
- Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson #4) by Patricia Briggs: 2,5 out of 5 stars
- Act Like It (London Celebrities #1) by Lucy Parker: 4 out of 5 stars
- Pretty Face (London Celebrities #2) by Lucy Parker: 4 out of 5 stars
- Making Up (London Celebrities #3) by Lucy Parker: 3,5 out of 5 stars
- Disorderly Conduct (The Academy #1) by Tessa Bailey: 3 out of 5 stars
- Disturbing His Peace (The Academy #3) by Tessa Bailey: 4 out of 5 stars
- Indecent Exposure (The Academy #2) by Tessa Bailey: 4 out of 5 stars
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon: 5 out of 5 stars (review)
- The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker: 5 out of 5 stars