I had a surprisingly good reading month, numbers-wise – normally September is not that brilliant for me, but this time around I actually read ten books. Most of them were middle of the road though.
Books read in September:
- The Fire This Time ed. by Jesmyn Ward: 3 out of 5 stars
- The Incendiaries by R. O. Kwon: 3 out of 5 stars
- Six Stories by Matt Wesolowski: 3 out of 5 stars
- Red Sister by Mark Lawrence: 4 out of 5 stars
- Rosewater by Tade Thompson: 4 out of 5 stars
- Magic Binds (Kate Daniels #9) by Ilona Andrews: 4 out of 5 stars
- The Corset by Laura Purcell: 3 out of 5 stars
- River of Teeth by Sarah Gailey: 2 out of 5 stars
- Vanishing Twins: A Marriage by Leah Dieterich: 4,5 out of 5 stars
- March: Book 1 by John Lewis, Andrew Yadin & Nate Powell: 4 out of 5 stars
I also DNFed The Sisters of the Winter Wood because I could not get on board with the prose, the poems, or the structure of the story. The thought of having to pick that up and reading another 400 pages made me very unhappy; so I put it down.