I am trying to finish my PhD thesis this year and recently decided that this means that I will have to try to write something every day. This is going, well, not great, but better than before. But this also means that I do not have as much time for reading. I am still quite pleased with my reading month..
Books I read in February:
- Hall of Smoke by H. M Long: 3.5 out of 5 stars (review)
- Beautiful Mutants by Deborah Levy: 4 out of 5 stars
- The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders: 3 out of 5 stars
- Piranesi by Susanna Clarke: 5 out of 5 stars
- Women and Other Monsters by Jess Zimmermann: 3.5 out of 5 stars (review)
Favourite of the Month:
I adored Piranesi. I was fairly sure I would and Clarke delivered. Her prose is as excellent as ever and this tiny book packs such a punch. I loved trying to solve its mystery and cannot recommend it highly enough.
I read five books, all of them written by women. I read one non fiction title, one romance, one literary fiction, one fantasy, and one thing I would call literary speculative fiction.
What I should be getting to next:
I should just finish the books I am currently reading before my squirrel brain is allowed to start anything new again. I am, however, very excited for quite a few March releases, especially The Unbroken by C. L. Clark and Redder Days by Sue Rainsford – I hope this stays this way, so that I can actually read them.