The first half of this reading month was rough – I only finished one book in the first two weeks and really, really hated it. Afterwards I tried to give myself leeway to just read whatever I want – but a rising number of Covid 19 cases made reading not as easy as it sometimes it. Thankfully the last few days of the month I kind of got back into reading. Lets hope this will keep up in December.
Books I read in October:
- Leave The World Behind by Rumaan Alam: 1.5 out of 5 stars (review)
- A Touch of Snow and Stone (A Gathering of Dragons #2): 4 out of 5 stars
- Kink: Stories edited by Garth Greenwell and R. O. Kwon: 4 out of 5 stars
- A Mind Spread out on the Ground by Alicia Elliott: 4.5 out of 5 stars
- Pew by Catherine Lacey: 3.5 out of 5 stars
- Archangel’s Viper (Guild Hunter #10) by Nalini Singh: 4.5 out of 5 stars
I also DNFed Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J. D. Robb which was fine but not my kind of book.
Favourite of the Month:
I absolutely adored A Mind Spread out on the Ground – I was sure I would and it exceeded my high expectations.
I finished six book, four of which were written by women, one by a man, and the last one was an anthology by various authors. Two books were speculative romance, one was a horror/ satire hybrid, one literary fiction, one an essay collection, and finally one short story anthology.
One thought on “Wrap Up November 2020”
Ah, I’m glad to see you loved A Mind Spread Out on the Ground, I’m very much looking forward to that one! And I hope your recent reading streak will hold through December. 🙂