I jinxed it. I had such good readings months and started to feel complacent. This was not a good reading month at all for me.
Books I read in October:
- Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab: 3 out of 5 stars (review)
- Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels #5.5) by Ilona Andrews: 3 out of 5 stars
- The Shapeless Unease by Samantha Harvey: 2 out of 5 stars (review)
- Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels #5.4) by Ilona Andrews: 4 out of 5 stars
- Milk Blood Heat by Dantiel W. Moniz: 4 out of 5 stars
- Milk Fed by Melissa Broder: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Favourite of the Month:
None of the books I read this month worked perfectly for me, even the four star reads were low four star reads. But I did enjoy spending time in the Kate Daniels’ universe again and am considering rereading the full-length novels soon.
I finished six books, of these books four were written by women and two by a husband and wife team. I finished one short story collection, one non-fiction book, one literary fiction novel, and three books that are broadly speculative in nature with a romantic focus.