April was still weird but maybe a bit more bearable? I don’t even know. The world is weird. Being pregnant is weird. Everything is weird.
Books I read in April:
- The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries #1) by Lexi Blake: 2 out of 5 stars
- How to Pronounce Knife by Souvankham Thammavongsa: 4 out of 5 stars
- Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson: 3 out of 5 stars (review)
- Girl by Edna O’Brien: 1 out of 5 stars (review)
- Mr Salary by Sally Rooney: 5 out of 5 stars
- White Hot (Hidden Legacy #2) by Ilona Andrews: 5 out of 5 stars (reread)
- Wildfire (Hidden Legacy #3) by Ilona Andrews: 5 out of 5 stars (reread)
- By a Thread by Lucy Score: 3 out of 5 stars
Favourite of the Month:
My favourites were my rereads: the second and third book in Ilona Andrews’ Hidden Legacy series are as brilliant as I remembered them. I am really looking forward to finally continuing with the series in preparation for the next book coming out.
I read 8(ish) books, all of which were written by women. I read two romance novels, two urban fantasy books, one short story collection and one short story, and two literary fiction novels nominated for the Women’s Prize for Fiction.
Books I should get to soon:
I have for now given up on the Women’s Prize longlist and will instead be focussing on whatever strikes my fancy and hopefully a lot of fantasy reads. Given that I am currently always tired and napping all the time, I am unsure how much reading I will be doing at all, if I am being honest.