My january was both the longest month ever and the shortest. I am apparently back at reading a mix of genres, which is nice – but I also did not read a lot.
Books I read in January:
- Headliners (London Celebrities #5) by Lucy Parker: 4 out of 5 stars (review) ARC
- Polaris Rising (Consortium Rebellion #1) by Jessie Mihalik: 3 out of 5 stars
- The Two Kinds of Decay by Sarah Manguso: 4 out of 5 stars (review)
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo: 4.5 out of 5 stars (review)
- Dragon Bound (The Elder Races #1) by Thea Harrison: 3.5 out of 5 stars
- The Last Smile of Sunder City (Fetch Philipps #1) by Luke Arnold: 3 out of 5 stars (review)
Favourite of the Month:
Girl, Woman, Other for sure. I just loved that book for everything it did.
I finished six books with 1700 pages altogether. Of these six books, five were written by women and one by a man (which was my least favourite of the month, make of that what you want). Five books were fiction, one was non-fiction. Three books were romance novels of some kind (one contemporary, one paranormal, one science ficiton).
I am in the middle of six books – and two books behind on my reading challenge. This bodes well for the year.
Books I should get to soon:
I already chose my next audiobook (The Man Who Saw Everything) but except for that I am letting my reading go wherever it wants.