It is summer and I want to die. Germany is melting under a record heatwave and I am not dealing well with it. I miss Scotland.
Books I read in June:
- Faking Ms Right by Claire Kingsley: 4 out of 5 stars
- The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities #4) by Lucy Parker: 4 out of 5 stars
- Manchester Happened by Jennifer Sansubuga Makumbi: 3 out of 5 stars (review)
- Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling #18, Psy Trinity #3) by Nalini Singh: 4 out of 5 stars
- Circe by Madeline Miller: 3 out of 5 stars (review)
- Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey: 4 out of 5 stars
- The Duchess Deal (Girl meets Duke #1) by Tessa Dare: 3 out of 5 stars
- Relationship Material by Jenya Keefe: 4 out of 5 stars
- Chase Me (Broke and Beautiful #1) by Tessa Bailey: 3 out of 5 stars
- The Governess Game (Girl meets Duke #2) by Tessa Dare: 3 out of 5 stars
- Need Me (Broke and Beautiful #2) by Tessa Bailey: 3 out of 5 stars
- Conversations With Friends by Sally Rooney: 5 out of 5 stars (reread)
- Getaway Girl (Girl #1) by Tessa Bailey: 4 out of 5 stars
Favourite of the Month:
Obviously Sally Rooney’s Conversations With Friends – rereading this so soon felt excessive but necessary. I really think it is extraordinary.
I read 13 books, of these books one was a short story collection, two were literary fiction and the rest were romance of some kind. And six were written by a woman named Tessa.
As always, too many books.
Books I should get to soon:
I really need to get back to my regularly scheduled reading. While I enjoyed my foray into romance (obviously!), I want to get excited about my normal genres again. While compiling a list of books I am excited for in the second half of the year, I realized how many of those were non-fiction – I should really get back to reading that. I also want to read more short stories again. I am playing with the idea of trying a set TBR again, to get myself to actually read books outside of what I have been reading.
(Some of the) blog posts I loved:
Marija writes about her most anticipated releases of the second half of the year.
I have been a bit of a bad blogger and not been able to catch up on as many blogs as I would like – I am hoping it’ll get better at some point but realistically that is not going to happen until I finish that PhD I have been complaining about.