I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Kaleena @ReaderVoracious. Thanks so much Kaleena for the nomination, and you should all go check out her blog!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, provide a link to their blog and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions they asked you.
- Come up with your own 11 questions
- Tag 11 bloggers and don’t forget to tell them.
- What’s your favourite literary trope?
I LOVE stories told unchronologically. Like, love love. It took me a while to figure that out until I had a “oh, that is what all my favourite books have in common!”-moment a while ago.
- If you could write a book, what would it be about?
Well, I am going to cheat. Because I am actually writing a book – I mean, it’s for my PhD and won’t be a page turner, but it is a book (or hopefully it will be). I am looking at first year students’ subjective experience of the transition into university and their changes in identity construction and how that might be related to social inequality.
- What’s your favourite thing to do while reading?
Drinking tea. Also, my happy place is reading while snuggled to my sleeping boyfriend.
- What’s your favourite food combinations?
I love everything sweet and savoury. I make a Tarte flambee with nectarines, feta cheese, and fresh basil that is just perfect.
- What’s the weirdest food combinations you like?
I don’t think there are any particularly weird combinations that I like.
- What is your most prized possession?
I am not that fond of my stuff in general – I mean, I love looking at my books but I would not die without them. So possibly my passport because not being able to travel would seriously suck.
- Do you follow any book-tubers? If so, who’s your favourite? If not, why not?
Oh, loads. I think my favourites are Mercedes @mercysbookishmusings and Jennifer @insertliterarypunhere. Both have a wonderfully eclectic taste in books and are so very eloquent when talking about them.
- Who are your favourite bloggers to follow on twitter?
Rachel over @paceamoregelato posts about books and cats, which you know rules.
- What is your ideal vacation? (No money limits)
I just want to go everywhere and have more time then I usually have. Then, I want to have a good mix of art museums, hiking, beach, and waterfalls.
- What’s something ridiculous that you used to believe when you were younger?
Okay, so, when I was around 5 or 6, I was SO sure there is no Santa Clause but on Christmas Eve (Germans celebrate on Christmas Eve) we would all have to dress up and then meet in my parents’ room and then after a while, music would start playing in the living room even though my parents weren’t there. So obviously I thought there was a secret button in their room connected to the stereo.
- What would be the clickbait title of the last book you read?
Kate reels after Curran’s shocking betrayal! – Magic Rises (Kate Daniels #6) by Ilona Andrews.
I am going to be an awful person and not tag anyone to do this. But if you do decide to answer Kaleena’s wonderful questions as well, do tell me!