I was nominated for the Unique Blogger Awars by Rachel who you all should really go follow if you aren’t already. (Also, sorry it took me forever to get to this.)
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you
- Answer the questions
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award
- Ask them 3 questions
- Where’s the farthest place from home that you’ve traveled to?
I have just been to New Zealand which obviously the farthest away from home I have ever been. But, weirdly enough it did not feel like it. It feels very much like the UK and as such I felt right at home (except for the weird right wing slant of their radio news – I might have listened to the wrong radio stations, but that freaked me out).
- What is your favorite fictional relationship? Either romantic or platonic.
That is a bit difficult.
I do love Kassandra and Aenaes in Christa Wolf’s Kassandra a whole lot. I love how she can be herself with him and I wish there could be a different ending to that particular love story. (I do hope that does not count as a spoiler – but can a story about Troy be spoiled for anyone anymore?)
But I also really love Harry’s and Hermione’s friendship. Just so very much.
- What is one food that your town/state/country is known for, and do you like it?
I am so bad at this: Germany is most famous for beer and sausage and I don’t like either. I also lived in Scotland for four years – but I hate whisky. People have questioned my taste repeatedly.
- If you had to pick one genre to read for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your most unpopular opinion you want to shout from the rooftops?
- What topic could you give an impromptu 20 minute talk on?